New Features of the Lightspeed Trader Platform
Join Joe Ely, VP of Strategic Business Development to learn about the new features of the Lightspeed Trader platform. We continually strive to provide traders with new and innovative features to improve the platform and make their trading experience the best it can be.
Learn about the following features:
- Short Locate/Short Requester Window – Lightspeed Trader’s new locate functionality through our short request window available on versions 8.2.171 and up. We now offer our clients the additional ability to request, price, and accept locates from Velocity’s extensive inventory right from the Lightspeed Trader platform. No phone calls, no emails, no wait!
- New Layout Styles – Set your Style for All Windows in the Design Tab Create your own styles or choose from some of Lightspeed Trader’s predefined styles.
- Marginability and Shortability Icons – New Icons for Easy to Borrow [E], Locate Required [L], and Threshold Security [T]
- Alert and Execution Sounds – Configure your Alert and Execution sounds by choosing a Windows sound. You can then modify the windows sound to any custom sound.
- VWAP in Level 2 – See a stocks daily VWAP displayed in your Level2 screen.
- TipRanks – Evaluates public stock recommendations made by ﬁnancial analysts and financial bloggers, then ranks those experts based on their accuracy and performance.
- Lightscan – Lightspeed’s market scanner now offers an integrated market scanning and filtering tool for US equities and options.
Lightspeed Trader platform is the perfect solution for day traders. We continually invest in the latest trading technologies to deliver real-time quotes and executions faster. Lightspeed delivers a robust trading system to the day traders and professionals that demand highly established market data and performance. Traders of all experience levels can easily design and customize layouts and rules to best fit their trading style. Keyboard traders and point and click traders are covered with fully customizable home screens and Lightspeed Trade Reporting.
Joe Ely, VP of Strategic Business Development, has been a Lightspeed registered representative since December 2013. He started his career in the day trading industry in 1996 working for a small SOES trading firm in northern New Jersey. Then, after moving on to work for a Portfolio Manager on Wall Street for two years, he went back to the day trading industry and spent 16 years working for an online direct access broker dealer based in White Plains, NY. He started as a trade desk representative in 1999 and worked his way up through the organization to become the branch manager at 27 years old. Subsequently moving up to lead the organization as the Managing Director, CCO and President. Now, Joe focuses on building Lightspeed’s business partnerships to grow the firms active trading clientele.