Tips for Traders on Preparing 2018 Tax Returns
Lightspeed customers can learn about common errors and opportunities that active traders can make on tax returns.
If you traded actively in 2018, you should watch this webinar before preparing your 2018 tax returns. Join CPAs Robert A. Green, Darren L. Neuschwander, and Adam W. Manning from Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC.
There are several new and revised 2018 tax forms based on the implementation of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Learn how traders, eligible for trader tax status (TTS), maximize business, home office, and startup expenses using critical tax-reporting strategies.
- Don’t solely rely on broker 1099-Bs: There might be opportunities to switch to lower 60/40 capital gains rates in Section 1256, use Section 475 ordinary loss treatment if elected on time, and report wash sale losses differently.
- Make vital 2019 tax elections on time.
- Learn common errors on tax returns for TTS traders, which can lead to an IRS or state exam.
- Learn tips for filing extensions and paying taxes.
Robert A. Green is a CPA and founder and CEO of Green & Company Inc. (GreenTraderTax.com), a publishing company, and Managing Member and Founder of Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC, a tax and accounting firm catering to traders, investment management, and small business. He is a leading authority on trader tax and a Forbes contributor. He is also the author of The Tax Guide for Traders (McGraw-Hill, 2004) and Green’s annual Trader Tax Guide. Mr. Green is frequently interviewed and has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Barron’s. Mr. Green has also appeared on CNBC, Bloomberg Television, and Forbes.com Video Network. He is the chief tax speaker at the MoneyShow University and Traders Expo. Mr. Green presents tax Webinars for Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, Lightspeed and other leading brokerage firms.
Lightspeed Financial Services Group LLC is not affiliated with these third-party market commentators/educators or service providers. Data, information, and material (“content”) are provided for informational and educational purposes only. This content neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, solicitation, or recommendation to buy or sell any securities or contracts. Any investment decisions made by the user through the use of such content is solely based on the users independent analysis taking into consideration your financial circumstances, investment objectives, and risk tolerance. Lightspeed Financial Services Group LLC does not endorse, offer nor recommend any of the services or commentary provided by any of the market commentators/educators or service providers and any information used to execute any trading strategies are solely based on the independent analysis of the user.