Lightspeed customers can gain professional insights to make 2020 tax return filing easier.
This webinar offers active traders a professional outline of steps to prepare for the tax return filing season ahead.
Join CPA Robert A. Green from Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC, as he shares insights and information to help you file your 2020 federal tax returns timely and accurately in 2021.
- Learn how traders, eligible for trader tax status (TTS), maximize business, home office, and startup expenses using critical tax-reporting strategies.
- Don’t solely rely on broker 1099-Bs: There might be opportunities to switch to lower 60/40 capital gains rates in Section 1256, use Section 475 ordinary loss treatment if elected on time, and report wash sale losses differently.
- Learn common errors on TTS traders’ tax returns, which can lead to an IRS or state exam.
- Learn tips for filing extensions and paying taxes.
- Learn how coronavirus legislation overrides some TCJA tax laws for 2018, 2019, and 2020, including five-year NOL carrybacks.
- Learn more about inflation adjustments for 2020, including standard deduction amounts, income thresholds for tax brackets, tax credits, and an increase in retirement savings limits.
- Look towards the future: Learn how President-elect Joe Biden’s proposed tax plan might affect income tax changes in the years to come.
Robert A. Green is a CPA and founder and CEO of Green & Company Inc. (GreenTraderTax.com), a publishing company, and Managing Member and Founder of Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC, a tax and accounting firm catering to traders and investment management. He is a leading authority on trader tax and a Forbes contributor. He is also the author of The Tax Guide for Traders (McGraw-Hill, 2004) and Green’s annual Trader Tax Guide. Mr. Green is frequently interviewed and has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Barron’s. He is the chief tax speaker at the MoneyShow University and Traders Expo. Mr. Green presents tax Webinars for Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, Lightspeed, and other leading brokerage firms.
Register now, and save your seat!
Lightspeed Financial Services Group LLC does not hold itself as a tax expert. Regarding any tax related information contained within this webinar and any other tax related items, please consult with your tax advisor.
Lightspeed Financial Services Group LLC is not affiliated with these service providers. Data, information, and material (“content”) is provided for informational and educational purposes only. This content neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, solicitation, or recommendation to buy or sell any securities. Any investment decisions made by the user through the use of such content is solely based on the users independent analysis taking into consideration your financial circumstances, investment objectives, and risk tolerance. Lightspeed Financial Services Group LLC does not endorse, offer or recommend any of the services nor information provided by any of the above service providers and any service or information used to execute any trading strategies are solely based on the independent analysis of the user.